Earring style in 2014 will be remembered for its creative adornment of all portions of the ear, styled singly or in tandem. 2015 brings an assertive return to long drop earrings, the emphasis once again decidedly vertical. Elongated pear or teardrop shapes are particularly graceful designs with their rounded shapes.
The jewelry on display at the Golden Globes presented numerous examples of the trend, such as the Chopard diamond drop earrings that are sheer perfection on actress and Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez, here pictured in the January 26, 2015 issue of People.
Other actresses who wore elongated teardrop earrings to the Golden Globes include Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Irene Neuwirth, and Helen Mirren in Chopard.
The February 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar features long “diamond-kissed” drop earrings of “earthy Southwestern turquoise” by Monique Péan. A turquoise-accented choker from Lisa Eisner Jewelry and a pearl-studded ear cuff by Ana Khouri are also spotlighted.
Elongated earrings spotlighting pink gemstones by Judith Ripka are featured in the November 2014 issue of Town & Country, along with a tassel necklace from Iam by Ileana Makri.
Designs of slightly graduated width from top to bottom similarly bring a vertical emphasis. Actress Miranda Kerr is pictured in the February 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar wearing a graduated design in diamonds by David Yurman.
The February 2015 issue of People Style Watch spotlights Swarovski crystal-embellished graduated earrings from Saint Vintage on a feature on purchases that support worthy causes. Also featured are a set of glass bead bracelets from 3Strands Global.
Chandeliers and long rectangular designs also have a notable presence in the fashion press this season. Adornment of the ears is a trend that shows no signs of flagging in 2015.
- 3 Strands Global: “3Strands Nepal Mission Bracelets” Bronze Collection glass bead bracelets (2/15 People Style Watch) $30 for set of three
- Ana Khouri: pearl ear cuff (2/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $4,400
- Chopard: diamond earrings (1/26/15 People), price upon request
- David Yurman: diamond earrings (2/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $27,000
- Iam by Ileana Makri: tassel necklace (11/14 Town & Country), $310
- Judith Ripka: pink earrings (11/14 Town & Country), $28,000
- Lisa Eisner Jewelry: choker with turquoise drop (2/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $8,000
- Monique Péan: diamond-accented turquoise drop earrings (2/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,960
- Saint Vintage: “Gloria Triple Drop Love Drop Earrings” in brass with Swarovski crystal detail (2/15 People Style Watch), $150