The summer solstice has arrived, and the Memorial Day weekend kicks off the official start of summer. With the season arrive a delightful variety of sea-inspired jewelry–jewelry that captures a bit of the essence of carefree days of sunshine and beach-side vacations.
“What’s In: Life Aquatic” announces the April 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. What’s in includes “fanciful chokers,” including an elaborate example from Mary Katrantzou x Schield featuring sea creatures and coral motifs, and “sea-inspired brooches,” including a pair of extraordinary fish stylized in a brooch by Stephen Webster.
A gem-studded cuff in the form of a highly dimensional crab by Helen Yarmak is spotlighted in the June/July 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
The April 2015 issue of Elle reports: “Life on the ocean floor inspires spring’s aquatic party treasures.” A ring of natural shell, rose gold vermeil and garnet from Shagreen & Tortoise for Stone & Strand is featured.
The April 2015 issue of Marie Claire spotlights the 200 piece “The Art of the Sea” collection introduced in Tiffany & Co.’s 2015 Blue Book, incorporating motifs of flowing water, whirlpool, and waterfall shapes by design director Francesca Amfitheatrof.
The June 2015 issue of Marie Claire spotlights the nautical “Rose des Vents” jewelry collection from Dior Fine Jewelry. The collection is inspired by the “wind star” or compass, and a star medallion that designer Christian Dior pocketed for good luck, and features a twist setting, “a nod to ocean rigging,” that allows circular charms on the bracelets and necklaces to rotate, showing either a stone or the compass motif.
A nautical fashion spread also appears in the April 2015 issue of Marie Claire, which includes an anchor pendant necklace from Eddie Borgo and gem-studded hoop earrings from David Yurman, along with a wristwatch from Swatch.
Actress Mindy Kaling, cover girl for the June 2015 issue of InStyle, wears a gold-plated necklace of coral design from Giuseppe Zanotti Design with a dress by Tomas Maier in the above photo.
For the home as well as for individual adornments, designers “are plunging into the deep for inspiration, finding charm in coral, shells, and underwater creatures,” notes the April 2015 issue of Elle Decor. Featured is an octopus cuff bracelet by Roberto Coin, and lobster drop earrings by Lydia Courteille.
Figural seahorse drop earrings by Lydia Courteille are spotlighted in the April 2015 issue of Elle.
A starfish cuff bracelet from Lilly Pulitzer for Target is featured in the May 2015 issue of Family Circle along with other items from the fashion collaboration.
With a “Ready to Play!” theme, the May 2015 issue of Better Homes & Gardens features a starfish pendant necklace from Laura Lance Collection.
Embracing a nautical theme, the June 2015 issue of People Style Watch features a pair of rope and stainless bracelets from Sailormade.
With more than a bit of a wink, the May 2015 issue of Glamour recommends for surfers a necklace of multiple gold shark teeth charms on a cord from Dezso by Sara Beltran.
Shark tooth designs in resin adorn a pair of turquoise and gold bead necklaces from Aurelie Bidermann in a beach spread in the May 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. The short shark tooth pendant necklace is by Jacquie Aiche.
If the delicate renditions of shark teeth are too subtle, a huge shark tooth pendant on a long chain from Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci may be just the thing. In this photo in the May 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, the model also wears a sparkly bracelet by Pamela Love.
For those who prefer the shore to the sea, the “Back to Cali” fashion spread in the May 2015 issue of Elle suggests a palm tree pendant of rose gold and bright gemstones by Mario Laz.
- Aurelie Bidermann: “Short Squaw Necklace” and “Squaw Necklace” of resin and beads (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $605 and $820
- David Yurman: gem-studded hoop earrings (4/15 Marie Claire), $1,050
- Dezso by Sara Beltran: 18kt gold shark teeth charm necklace on woven thread (5/15 Glamour), $3,510
- Dior Fine Jewelry: “Rose des Vents” bracelets (6/15 Marie Claire), $1,650 to $2,050
- Eddie Borgo: anchor pendant necklace (4/15 Marie Claire), $350
- Giuseppe Zanotti Design: gold-plated coral theme necklace (6/15 InStyle), $1,395
- Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci: huge shark tooth pendant necklace (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,150
- Helen Yarmak: gem-encrusted crab cuff (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Jacquie Aiche: short triangular pendant necklace (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,715
- Laura Lance Collection: goldtone and resin “Pink Starfish Necklace” (5/15 Better Homes & Gardens), $38
- Lilly Pulitzer for Target: goldtone starfish bracelet (5/15 Family Circle), $20
- Lydia Courteille: lobster drop earrings (4/15 Elle Decor), price upon request; seahorse drop earrings of sapphire, diamond, amethyst, opal and gold (4/15 Elle), price upon request
- Mario Laz: palm tree pendant of rose gold, diamond, pink sapphire and tsavorite (5/15 Elle), $1,914
- Mary Katrantzou x Schield: sea creature and coral choker (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $4,410
- Pamela Love: sparkly line bracelet (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $198
- Roberto Coin: “Animalier Cuff” with octopus motif (4/15 Elle Decor), price upon request
- Sailormade: “Elsewhere Bracelet” and “Contender Bracelet” in rope and stainless (6/15 People Style Watch), $78 each
- Shagreen & Tortoise for Stone & Strand: natural shell, rose gold vermeil, and garnet ring (4/15 Elle), $1,900
- Stephen Webster: fish brooch (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Swatch: wristwatch (4/15 Marie Claire), $185
- Tiffany & Co.: “The Art of the Sea” collection (4/15 Marie Claire), all pieces, price upon request