The color red adds a bold vibrancy to any ensemble, in no more eye-catching manner than when employed in jewelry.
“Wrapped around the wrist, ruby-red lacquer strikes a seductive chord,” relates the July 2015 issue of Marie Claire, spotlighting a Bulgari Serpenti wristwatch.
The June/July 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar suggests that women in their 20s “slip into something ’60s and scarlet.” Red flower stud earrings from Aaron Basha and a red and white bypass bracelet from Pasquale Bruni are featured along with a ring of white flowers from CH Carolina Herrera. On the same page, python patterned fashions are accented with more neutral jewelry: stud earrings from Simon G. Jewelry, a ring incorporating a sliced diamond from Michael M. Collection, a chunky chain necklace from Celine, and a gray band wristwatch from Shinola.
Fair-trade rubies and emeralds from Gemfields adorn jewels from Danish brand Georg Jensen, featured in the July 2015 issue of Marie Claire. Pictured are ruby-bedecked earrings, necklace, bangle and ring, along with an emerald-accented Y necklace based upon the historic designs of Vivianna Torun.
Blood drop earrings from Solange Azagury-Partridge and a spiky structural ring from Proenza Schouler provide contrast to a spread of the season’s red and pink florals in the April 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
New Age floral designs are accessorized with a red carnelian ring from Van Cleef & Arpels and a bright blue lapis lazuli “Bean Necklace” from Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. in the March 2015 issue of Marie Claire.
Circles of red lacquer over Japanese hardwood from Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. create eye-catching earrings in a feature on the Japonisme trend in the February 2015 issue of Marie Claire.
The Spanish matador is the theme of a fashion spread in the March 2015 issue of Elle, which spotlights a rubellite and gold double ring from Marie-Helene de Taillac.
As an accompaniment to colorful sneakers, the April 2015 issue of Vogue suggests a red-accented cuff bracelet from Etro, and a wristwatch with a bright red face from Shinola. Also pictured is a trio of rings and a chain from Monica Rich Kosann.
A pair of beaded tassel earrings from Lisi Lerch add charm to laid-back summer style, “a little bit French Riviera, a little bit Old Hollywood glam,” in this fashion spread from the July 2015 issue of People Style Watch.
- Aaron Basha: stud “Flower Earrings” of 18kt gold with red enamel and diamond centers (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $650
- Bulgari: “Serpenti” wristwatch in red lacquer (7/15 Marie Claire), price upon request
- Celine: chunky necklace (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,250
- CH Carolina Herrera: “Falling Jasmine” flower ring of gold-plated silver and white enamel (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $225
- Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.: “Bean Necklace” in 18kt gold with lapis lazuli (3/15 Marie Claire), $675; “Sevillana Earrings” of red lacquer over Japanese hardwood (2/15 Marie Claire), $700
- Etro: cuff bracelet with red detail (4/15 Vogue), $557
- Georg Jensen: jewelry set with Gemfields responsibly sourced gemstones: ruby necklace, price upon request; emerald necklace, price upon request; ruby earrings, $9,500; ruby ring $1,900; ruby bangle, $10,500 (all, July 2015 Marie Claire)
- Lisa Lerch: “Tassel Earrings” with glass beads (7/15 People Style Watch), $98
- Marie-Helene de Taillac: rubellite and gold double ring (3/15 Elle), price upon request
- Michael M. Collection: ring of 18kt gold and sliced diamond (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,800
- Monica Rich Kosann: rings, $650-$1,075, and chain necklace, $750 (all in 4/15 Vogue)
- Pasquale Bruni: 18kt gold bracelet with red and white accents (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $4,620
- Proenza Schouler: brass bracelet (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $750
- Shinola: wristwatch with grey strap (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $650; wristwatch with red face (4/15 Vogue), $550
- Simon G. Jewelry: diamond stud earrings (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), “from $2,200″
- Solange Azagury-Partridge: “Blood Red Earrings” of 18kt gold with rubies and lacquer (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $6,100
- Van Cleef & Arpels: “Sweet Alhambra effeuillage ring” of pink gold with carnelian and diamond (3/15 Marie Claire), $5,050