The extensive adornment of the hands and fingers is an important trend in jewelry this season. Along with wide band rings, midi rings and U-shaped between the finger rings, rings that themselves extend over multiple fingers provide an option for achieving the look of the season. Here are some recent notable examples of this style as pictured in fashion editorials.
A spread on “Biker Chic” in the August 2014 issue of Harper’s Bazaar includes several edgy jewelry designs, including an extra-wide single-finger ring by Daniela Villegas. Also featured is a set of three dark contrasting metal stacking rings from Bottega Veneta, a spiky bracelet from Ports 1961, and a rugged ring from Dannijo.
The May 2014 issue of Harper’s Bazaar features a double-wide ring and a stack of bracelets from Salvatore Ferragamo worn with a dress from Bottega Veneta.
The March 2014 issue of Glamour styles an oversized tunic look from Calvin Klein Collection with a triple-wide pearl-studded ring from Yeprem. The bag is by Tod’s.
The March 2014 issue of InStyle features a three-finger ring from AS29 with a quirky pinafore look. The dress by Calvin Klein Collection is worn over a polka dot shirt from Burberry Prorsum; the hat is by Makins Hats and the sandals are from Marni. The model also wears an earring by Sydney Evan (obscured) and her own slender band ring.
The January 2014 issue of Allure spotlights a paillette dress ensemble, all the components of which, including the multi-finger ring, are from Fendi.
- AS29: three-finger ring (3/14 InStyle) details and price upon request
- Bottega Veneta: set of three stacking rings (8/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $980 for set
- Daniela Villegas: gem-studded black and white wide ring (8/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $3,000
- Dannijo: “Beatrix” ring of oxidized silver-plated metal (8/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $195
- Fendi: multi-finger ring (1/14 Allure), details and price upon request
- Ports 1961: spiky bracelet (8/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $195
- Salvatore Ferragamo: two-finger ring (5/14 Harper’s Bazaar), details and price upon request
- Yeprem: pearl-studded triple-wide ring (3/14 Glamour), $3,850