With California addressing a record-breaking drought, and verdant lawns morphing into rock gardens, the loveliness of fresh green hues in jewelry feels more delightful than ever. Here are some of the green-hued designs profiled or promoted in the fashion press this year thus far — both beautiful and soothing to the senses.
The September 2015 issue of People Style Watch celebrates the hue emerald green: “Want to look like a million bucks? This rich shade is your answer. Treat it like a neutral–it goes with practically everything!” Included in the fashion montage is a synthetic malachite ring from Capwell + Co., about which, the magazine suggests, “Stack on top of other gold rings for a cool look.”
A lush spread featuring “rain-forest hues” in the August 2015 issue of Elle Decor spotlights mixed gemstone earrings of peridot, beryl and aquamarine by Maja DuBrul, along with a Premier Precious Butterfly wristwatch by Harry Winston.
A promotional spread in the June-July 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar spotlights Shaun Leane earrings set with Zambian emeralds, and a pendant necklace featuring the rare gemstone green sphene from Spark Creations. Also featured: A bracelet of 18kt gold and sterling silver accented with diamonds from Vahan Jewelry; a cuff by Le Vian set with the company’s proprietary Chocolate Diamonds and Vanilla Diamonds in Strawberry Gold; and a pair of rings with African red spinel from JB Star.
The May 2015 issue of More notes that, “Historically, the color green has been a symbol of life, luck and hope. After looking at the season’s best accessories, we couldn’t agree more.” More’s choice as an example of green jewelry: a line necklace of oxidized sterling silver with white topaz over painted metallic foil from Larkspur and Hawk.
This ad for Chopard Haute Joaillerie appears in the May 2015 issue of Town & Country, and features magnificent emerald and diamond drop earring and ring with a coordinating diamond-encrusted wristwatch.
An extreme example of the matchy-matchy trend appears in the March 2015 issue of Glamour, in which a vibrant green print blouse, skirt, scarf and bag are accompanied with a malachite ring from Andrea Fohrman and bright bangles from Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz.
The March 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar featured “The most opulent jewels of the moment–diamonds and emeralds, to be precise” shining in illustrations by the magazine’s senior accessories editor, Amanda Weiner. Spotlighted are emerald and diamond earrings from Buccellati and an emerald and diamond choker from Chopard.
The February 2015 issue of Elle accented the woven leather work of an Altuzarra dress with a pair of spectacular emerald and diamond rings from Dior Fine Jewelry and Van Cleef & Arpels.
- Andrea Fohrman: “Galaxy Collection” malachite ring (3/15 Glamour), price upon request
- Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz: bangle bracelets (3/15 Glamour), $40 each
- Buccellati: emerald and diamond drop earrings (3/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Capwell + Co.: “Empire Sparkle” 12kt imitation-gold-plated ring with synthetic malachite and pave crystal detail (9/15 People Style Watch), $25
- Chopard Haute Joaillerie: emerald and diamond drop earring and ring with a coordinating diamond-encrusted wristwatch (5/15 Town & Country), prices upon request; choker necklace of emeralds and diamonds (3/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Dior Fine Jewelry: emerald ring (2/15 Elle), price upon request
- Harry Winston: “Premier Precious Butterfly” 18kt white gold wristwatch (8/15 Elle Decor),price upon request
- JB Star: rings set with African red spinal and diamonds (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Larkspur & Hawk: oxidized sterling silver necklace with white topaz over painted metallic foil (5/15 More), $6,500
- Le Vian Couture: cuff bracelet set with the company’s proprietary Chocolate Diamonds and Vanilla Diamonds in Strawberry Gold (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Maja DuBrul: “Ceres IV” peridot, beryl and aquamarine earrings (8/15 Elle Decor), price upon request
- Shaun Leane: earrings of Zambian emeralds and diamonds in white gold (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Spark Creations: pendant necklace featuring green sphene and diamonds set in white an d yellow gold (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Vahan Jewelry: bracelet of 14kt gold and sterling silver accented with diamonds (6-7/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Van Cleef & Arpels: emerald ring (2/15 Elle), price upon request