From soft pastels to vibrant variations, blue is a hue very much in demand this season. The color appears in innumerable jewelry designs featured in the fashion press, ranging from palest tinge of blue to darkest midnight. Matching colors provide dramatic presentations.
The March 30, 2015 issue of People reports: “The season’s hottest hues are actually cool: Think tones like sky, baby and powder.” The photo montage features a baby blue coated collar necklace from Oasis and a Tory Burch wristwatch with light blue strap.
An extraordinary example of light blue gemstones that match, and draw attention to, the wearer’s eyes appears in the May 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. The ring of aquamarine and diamonds in 18kt gold is by David Webb.
Earrings of aquamarines, sapphires and diamonds with natural feathers in white gold from John Hardy receive the spotlight in the March 2015 issue of More.
Accompanying a collection of denim looks in the March 2015 issue of Marie Claire is a blue-gem-encrusted link bracelet from Pomellato.
Turquoise & Bright Blue:
The vintage-inspired “Folk Scene” is the subject of a photo montage in the May 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, which notes that “Artisanal handiworks are the pièces de résistance this summer” with the added stylist’s tip that “Turquoise jewelry brightens casualwear.” Spotlighted are turquoise drop earrings from Le Vian, a choker with turquoise drop from Lisa Eisner Jewelry, and a cuff incorporating numerous turquoise stones from Jessie Western, along with a colorful ring of black enamel and pink stones from Alice Cicolini.
The May 2015 issue of Town & Country is inspired by the varied landscape of Nicaragua in featuring a selection of turquoise jewelry: a turquoise bead necklace with pendant from Andrea Fohrman; turquoise-accented bracelets from Vahan, and turquoise-studded doorknocker hoop earrings from Casato, along with orange stone rings from Tamara Comolli.
Sailing must-haves for Patmos, Greece pictured in the May 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar include a blue stone ring in dark metal from Solange Azagury-Partridge, and a whimsical design of earrings featuring monkeys and grape clusters from Marc Alary.
Matching jewelry to apparel is the theme of a fashion spread in the March 2015 issue of Glamour: “Think coordinating your clothes with your accessories is a Glamour Don’t? Think again. This season it’s all about the power pairing.” Accompanying a Diane von Furstenberg top, skirt, coat, bag and tote, all in matching prints, are a chunky blue and gold Vhernier bracelet, blue and white rings from Kenneth Jay Lane, and an additional cutout-style ring from Michelle Campbell.
A Range of Blue Hues Featured:
A collection of jewelry and accessories in blue hues, pastels to dark blue, is spotlighted in a piece entitled “Under the Sea” in the December 2014-January 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. Featured are an openwork cuff bracelet from Dauphin; Bochic drop earrings; a necklace of large pale stones from Larkspur & Hawk, and multi-stone button earrings from Chopard.
The March 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar focuses on bright blues in a spread entitled “Blue Period,” which spotlights a blue neck cuff from Alexis Bittar and a blue strap Dior Timepieces wristwatch along with a lighter blue Fendi woven bangle bracelet.
“Set off by flashes of metal and diamonds, indigo and turquoise stones take on the splendor of a twinkling evening sky,” writes Marion Fasel in the April 2015 issue of InStyle. Pictured are an elaborate cuff bracelet of diamond, turquoise, lapis lazuli and 18kt white gold by Piaget; a necklace of lapis lazuli, turquoise and 18kt gold by David Yurman; a ring of lapis lazuli, turquoise and 18kt gold by David Webb; and Kara Ross earrings of diamond, chrysocolla drusy, azurite-malachite, and 18kt gold.
The April 2015 issue of Elle celebrates “bold-hued semiprecious stones” that “have a presence–and history–to rival the ‘precious’ triumvirate of diamonds, rubies, and emeralds” (although omitting mention of blue sapphires, which are also typically referenced as precious gemstones). Featured are designs incorporating turquoise by Irene Neuwirth, Aurelie Bidermann, Ariel Gordon, and Minor Obsessions by Finn; and lapis lazuli designs by Jennifer Meyer, Jemma Wynne, Passerine, and Vita Fede; along with watermelon tourmaline pieces by J/Hadley, Bibi van der Velden, Digby + Iona, and Kimberly McDonald; and malachite designs by Paige Novick, Delfina Delettrez, Andrea Fohrman, and Eddie Borgo.
- Alexis Bittar: blue neck cuff (3/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $195
- Alice Cicolini: enamel and pink stone ring (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $4,780
- Andrea Fohrman: turquoise necklace with pendant (5/15 Town & Country), $835; gold, malachite and diamond necklace (4/15 Elle), $5,000
- Ariel Gordon: gold and turquoise earrings (4/15 Elle), $425
- Aurelie Bidermann: gold and turquoise charm necklace (4/15 Elle), $1,755
- Bibi van der Velden: gold, watermelon tourmaline and pave diamond pendant necklace (4/15 Elle), price upon request
- Bochic: multi-stone drop earrings (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $11,600
- Casato: turquoise doorknocker hoop earrings (5/15 Town & Country), $7,160
- Chopard: multi-stone button earrings (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Dauphin: cuff bracelet (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- David Webb: aquamarine, diamond and 18kt gold ring (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $85,000; lapis lazuli, turquoise and 18kt gold ring (4/15 InStyle), $28,500
- David Yurman: lapis lazuli, turquoise and 18kt gold necklace (4/15 InStyle), $5,200
- Delfina Delettrez: gold, pearl and malachite earring (4/15 Elle), $920
- Digby + Iona: gold and watermelon tourmaline ring (4/15 Elle), $1,340
- Dior Timepieces: blue strap wristwatch (3/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $5,300
- Eddie Borgo: malachite ring (4/15 Elle), $240
- Fendi: woven blue bangle bracelet (3/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,850
- Irene Neuwirth: gold and turquoise cuff (4/15 Elle), price upon request
- Jemma Wynne: gold, lapis lazuli and pave diamond necklace (4/15 Elle), $4,830
- Jennifer Meyer: gold and lapis lazuli earrings (4/15 Elle), $3,750
- Jessie Western: turquoise cuff bracelet (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,645
- J/Hadley: gold, rhodium, pink tourmaline and pave diamond earrings (4/15 Elle), price upon request
- John Hardy: aquamarine, sapphire, diamond, natural feather, and white gold earrings (3/15 More), price upon request
- Kara Ross: diamond, chrysocolla drusy, azurite-malachite and 18kt gold drop earrings (4/15 InStyle), $7,995l
- Kenneth Jay Lane: blue and white rings (3/15 Glamour), $90 each
- Kimberly McDonald: gold, tourmaline and pave diamond earrings (4/15 Elle), price upon request
- Larkspur & Hawk: large stone necklace (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $5,000
- Le Vian: turquoise drop earrings (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,297
- Lisa Eisner Jewelry: collar necklace with large turquoise drop (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $5,000
- Marc Alary: monkeys and grapes earrings (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Michelle Campbell: cutout ring (3/15 Glamour), $275
- Minor Obsessions by Finn: gold and turquoise rings (4/15 Elle), $755-$1,415
- Oasis: coated collar necklace (3/30/15 People), $40
- Paige Novick: gold, malachite and pave crystal ring (4/15 Elle), $240
- Passerine: bronze and lapis lazuli ring (4/15 Elle), $210
- Piaget: diamond, turquoise, lapis lazuli and 18kt white gold cuff (4/15 InStyle), $169,000
- Pomellato: link bracelet with gemstones (3/15 Marie Claire), price upon request
- Solange Azagury-Partridge: dark blue ring in dark metal (5/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $3,700
- Tamara Comolli: orange stone rings (5/15 Town & Country), from $2,440 each
- Tory Burch: “Reva” wristwatch with light blue band (3/30 People), $350
- Vahan: turquoise-accented bracelets (5/15 Town & Country), from $2,250 each
- Vhernier: blue rectangular link bracelet (3/15 Glamour), price upon request
- Vita Fede: rose gold-plated brass and lapis lazuli earrings (4/15 Elle), $900