Along with open neck cuffs and collar styles that closely encircle the neck, a classic style of choker necklace is very much back in vogue this season . A necklace that lies at the base of the neck, this style that has endured over generations. It can be found in appealing vintage versions that look fresh again today (bring out your vintage Omega-style necklaces), along with intriguing new variations.
The March 30, 2015 issue of People spotlights gold chokers: “The ’90s ‘it’ accessory is making a comeback, only this time around the shape is more sculptural for an elegant and sophisticated effect.” Actress Sienna Miller is pictured wearing a gold choker; a goldtone fishhook choker from BaubleBar is spotlighted.
Newer styles of the classic choker are spotlighted in the November 2014 issue of Allure, which reports that “Collar necklaces are decorated with leather straps and marbled horn rather than jewels and sparkles.” Pictured are a gold-plated multi-strand necklace from Salvatore Ferragamo; a palladium necklace from Balenciaga; a gold plated and leather necklace from Louis Vuitton; a metal and horn necklace from Marni, and a metal and leather necklace from Hermes.
Accenting wine-hued accessories is golden jewelry in the April 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, including a choker from Chloe. Also featured are bracelets from Dannijo and Eddie Borgo and rings from Tod’s and Ana Khouri.
A Versace cutout dress and golden choker is further accessorized with golden necklace, bracelet and rings from Maison Martin Margiela in this styling from the March 2015 issue of Town & Country.
An example of a seasonless vintage gold choker from Beladora is featured in the November 2014 issue of Elle along with gold and diamond earrings by Marina B, a gold ring from David Webb, and a multi-color gemstone and enamel cuff bracelet from Verdura.
“Modern Chokers: Wear just one or stack them for a minimalist effect with major impact,” suggests the April 2015 issue of Self. Pictured and doubled-up rose gold bands from Uncommon Matters; layers of silver, pearl and onyx looks from Lady Grey Jewelry and AP; a pair of wire chokers accented with jagged quartz crystals from Eleanor Kalie; and a single necklace incorporating carved seashell and rough diamonds from Dezso by Sara Beltran.
- Ana Khouri: ring (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $2,240
- AP: bead choker (4/15 Self), $232; hoop choker (4/15 Self), $249
- Balenciaga: palladium necklace (11/14 Allure), $695
- BaubleBar: 14kt gold-plated “Gold Fishhook Choker” (3/30/15 People), $44
- Beladora: vintage gold choker (11/14 Elle), price upon request
- Chloe: choker (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $1,265
- Dannijo: cuff bracelet (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $95
- David Webb: gold ring (11/14 Elle), $4,000
- Dezso by Sara Beltran: choker with carved seashell and rough diamonds (4/15 Self), price upon request
- Eddie Borgo: cuff bracelet (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $225
- Eleanor Kalie: wire with quartz crystals (4/15 Self), $125 each
- Hermes: metal and leather necklace (11/14 Allure), $850
- Lady Grey Jewelry: thin choker (4/15 Self), $170
- Louis Vuitton: gold-plated and leather necklace (11/14 Allure), $2,500
- Maison Martin Margiela: golden necklace, bracelet and rings (3/15 Town & Country), prices upon request
- Marina B: vintage gold and diamond earrings, at Beladora (11/14 Elle), price upon request
- Marni: metal and horn necklace (11/14 Allure), $770
- Salvatore Ferragamo: gold-plated necklace (11/14 Allure), $750
- Tod’s: ring (4/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $295
- Uncommon Matters: “rose gold bands” (4/15 Self), $565
- Verdura: gold, peridot, topaz, diamond and enamel cuff (11/14 Elle), price upon request
- Versace: golden choker (3/15 Town & Country), price upon request