Cuff bracelets with figural animals that meet head-to-head or head-to-tail have long been popular designs. This season, a similar design with a less literal interpretation of the head-to-head design bring gemstones to the forefront to lovely effect.
In these “double header” cuffs, both ends of the bracelet are finished with matching end designs. Sometimes the two ends of the bracelet are separated by a wide gap; in other designs the ends nearly touch. Some of the bracelets are hinged designs; others slip on like bangles.
Cartier has long produced a head-to-tail Panthere design of a panther that wraps around the wearer’s wrist. The December 2013/January 2014 issue of Harper’s Bazaar spotlights a Cartier double header cuff bracelet without the traditional animal motif.
Versions of the “Renaissance” double header cuff by David Yurman produced in honor of that design’s 30th Anniversary are spotlighted in numerous fashion editorials, including this one in the March 2014 issue of C California Style.
A gemstone-accented two-headed “Renaissance” cable bracelet by David Yurman is featured in the June 2014 issue of Marie Claire. The model also wears mismatched earrings: a hoop from Hirotaka and a pearl stud from Mikimoto. She wears a Fendi dress over a white top from Celine.
The June 2014 issue of InStyle accessorizes a polished picnic look with a double header cuff bracelet from Dean Davidson, along with an Armitron wristwatch. Another look features gold fill bangles from Alexis Russell Jewelry.
For a pool party, the June 2014 issue of InStyle suggests a set of double header bracelets accented with colorful waxed thread from Tiklari, along with a bright plastic watch from May28th.
Recommended summer essentials in the June 2014 issue of Marie Claire include a chunky double header bracelet from Marc by Marc Jacobs. Also featured is a pendant necklace from Vince Camuto, a ring from Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co., and a wristwatch from Coach.
The April 2014 issue of InStyle features a double header gold-plated bracelet by Massimo Dutti in “Deals & Steals.”
An article in the December 22, 2013 Los Angeles Times relating that “Radiant Orchid” has been named as 2014′s official color spotlights a 14kt gold carved ruby and diamond bezel double header cuff from Jacquie Aiche.
Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewelry includes a hinged double header cuff set with amethysts in the above portion of a two-page ad appearing in the May 2014 issue of More magazine. Also pictured are a pendant and earrings set with blue topaz.
An ad for Vahan jewelry in the June/July 2014 issue of Town & Country includes both a head-to-head animal design and a double header design in the mix of stacked gemstone-studded bangles.
- Alexis Russell Jewelry: “Lune” hand-forged and hammered 14kt gold-filled bangles (6/14 InStyle), $64 each
- Armitron: stainless steel wristwatch with leather strap (6/14 InStyle), $70
- Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewelry: “CP Signature Faceted Amethyst Hinged Cuff Bracelet” of sterling silver and faceted amethysts (5/14 More ad), $425; “Grace Blue Topaz Cluster Pendant Enhancer” (5/14 More ad), $395; “Grace Blue Topaz Dangle Earrings” (5/14 More ad), $295
- Cartier: diamond-studded two-headed bracelet (12/13-1/14 Harper’s Bazaar)(details not provided), price upon request
- Coach: wristwatch (6/14 Marie Claire), $248
- David Yurman: “Renaissance” cable bracelet of sterling silver with gemstones and 14kt yellow gold (6/14 Marie Claire), $2,600; “Renaissance” cable bracelet in black aluminum (3/14 C), $350; “Renaissance” bracelet in white gold with pave diamonds (3/14 C), price upon request; “Renaissance” bracelet in rose gold (3/14 C), $9,500
- Dean Davidson: onyx and gold plate cuff (6/14 InStyle), $187
- Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.: “Wave” ring in 18kt gold (6/14 Marie Claire), $1,700
- Hirotaka: hoop earring (6/14 Marie Claire), $380/pair
- Jacquie Aiche: 14kt gold carved ruby and diamond bezel cuff (12/23/13 LA Times), $4,250
- Marc by Marc Jacobs: “Gig Ball-Ended Cuff” in resin and brass (6/14 Marie Claire), $68
- Massimo Dutti: gold-plated bracelet (4/14 InStyle), $70
- May28th: plastic watch (6/14 InStyle), $39
- Mikimoto: pearl stud earring (6/14 Marie Claire), $4,000/pair
- Tiklari: “Mukki Bracelets” of waxed thread and gold-plated brass (6/14 InStyle), $44 each
- Vahan: gemstone head-to-head animal bracelet and double header cuff (6-7/14 Town & Country ad), prices upon request; gemstone bangles and ring (6-7/14 Town & Country ad), prices upon request
- Vince Camuto: “Embellished Crescent Necklace” – goldtone with pave-set crystals (6/14 Marie Claire), $58