Happy New Year! Let’s start off the New Year with a nod to a resolution that many of us do or should make — the resolution to have more fun. The designs collected here reflect a certain playfulness that may remind us all to take time to relax and savor the lighter moments of life.
The October 2014 issue of Elle Decor charmingly terms the style “vermicelli” like the pasta: “From the walls of Renaissance palazzos to today’s high-fashion runways, this entrancing squiggly motif is always ahead of the curve.” Jewelry pictured: a Multi-Colored Squiggle Necklace by David Forlano and Steven Ford, and a sterling ID bangle bracelet by Georg Jensen.
Free-form earrings by George Jensen are featured in the November 2014 issue of Self, along with a cuff bracelet with bright cord detail from Reed Krakoff.
Actress Kate Hudson wears scribble-like earrings from Fred Leighton, along with her own ring, in this photo from the July 2014 issue of InStyle.
The December 2014/January 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar terms a scribble-like Chanel cuff as “A cuff that winds dramatically around the wrist.” Also featured is a sparkly bib necklace from Dior and a gem-studded cuff-style ring from Repossi.
An editor’s holiday must-haves pictured in the December 2014/January 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar includes a diamond-accented scribble design bangle from Effy, described as “both decadent and minimalist with its fluid, feminine shape.”
Among the designs on a snakeskin-theme fashion spread in the November 2014 issue of Harper’s Bazaar is a scribble design ring from Ippolita. Also featured is a pendant necklace from Chloe and a ring from Maison Martin Margiela Fine jewelry.
Actress Keira Knightley wears a silver scribble bracelet and dress by Altuzarra on the cover of the July 2014 issue of Glamour.
A bright scribble cuff from Repossi is included in a feature on neon pink in the November 2014 issue of Marie Claire.
The August 25 – September 7, 2014 issue of New York Magazine features a close-up of a scribble-style ring from Repossi, described as being “like a Cy Twombly for the finger,” referencing the American painter known for his “large-scale, freely scribbled, calligraphic and graffiti-like works,” as described in Wikipedia.
The January 2015 issue of Glamour includes this playful photo of celebrity model Karlie Kloss in a Marc Jacobs dress and a sassy wig, to which she is taking her scissors, as she wears a line of scribble designs rings by Repossi.
- Altuzarra: bracelet (details not provided)(7/14 Glamour), price upon request
- Chanel: cuff (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $2,300
- Chloe: pendant necklace (11/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $725
- David Forlano and Steven Ford: “Multi-Colored Squiggle Necklace” of polymer clay (10/14 Elle Decor), $250
- Dior: bib necklace (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $3,800
- Effy: “Pave Classica 14k Rose Gold Diamond Bangle” (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Fred Leighton: earrings (7/14 InStyle), price upon request
- Georg Jensen: sterling silver ID bangle bracelet (10/14 Elle Decor), price upon request; sterling silver earrings (11/14 Self), $225
- Ippolita: ring (11/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $995
- Maison Martin Margiela Fine Jewelry: ring (11/14 Harper’s Bazaar), $2,200
- Reed Krakoff: cuff bracelet with cord detail (11/14 Self), $690
- Repossi: ring (8/25-9/7/14 New York), $3,435; neon pink cuff (1114 Marie Claire), price upon request; cuff-style ring (12/14-1/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request; rings (1/15 Glamour), $3,995 each