As the days get shorter and darker, it seems somehow appropriate that one of the trends in jewelry is the use of dark metals. The materials employed to obtain the dusky effect are varied, ranging from precious to base metals.
In a salute to hippie-chic, the October 2014 issue of Marie Claire features a plant motif ring and a set of pendant necklaces from Solange Azagury-Partridge, all executed in blackened 18kt white gold. Also pictured is an elaborate gem-studded bracelet from Victoire de Castellane.
Among the “warrior-worthy” designs reminiscent of Game of Thrones pictured in the September 2014 issue of Elle is a mask ring of blackened gold and black diamonds from Bochic.
The October 2014 issue of Elle features ear cuffs of what is described as white-gold-plated rhodium and tanzanite from PHYNE by Paige Novick.
A pair of cuff bracelets of burnished silver from Bottega Veneta are part of a head-to-toe look from that designer pictured in the September 2014 issue of InStyle.
The November 2014 issue of People Style Watch spotlights a metal necklace with glass stone detail from Coco Loves Rome, along with Swarovski crystal cluster earrings from April Soderstrom Jewelry.
A lightweight layered necklace of dark metal from Aldo is featured in the November 2014 issue of Real Simple.
- Aldo: layered dark metal necklace (11/14 Real Simple), $30
- April Soderstrom Jewelry: “Paris Crystal Cluster Earrings” of metal with Swarovski crystals (11/14 People Style Watch), $75
- Bochic: mask design ring of blackened white gold and black diamonds (9/14 Elle), price upon request
- Bottega Veneta: burnished silver cuff bracelets (9/14 InStyle), price upon request
- Coco Loves Rome: “Geometric Crystal Bib” metal necklace with glass stones (11/14 People Style Watch), $30
- PHYNE by Paige Novick: white-gold-plated rhodium and tanzanite ear cuffs (10/14 Elle), $2,200
- Solange Azagury-Partridge: “Mary Jane” leaf motif ring set with diamonds in blackened 18kt white gold (10/14 Marie Claire), price upon request; “Love Thy Neighbor” collection of five 18kt blackened gold pendant necklaces (10/14 Marie Claire), prices available upon request
- Victoire de Castellane: “Cana Bisextum Now” bracelet (10/14 Marie Claire), price upon request