For those with long, lovely necks, the season brings a selection of collar or choker necklaces designed to be worn on and surrounding the neck, from a classic ribbon with a brooch attached, to a rigid necklace designs in plain or embellished metal.
The March 2015 issue of Marie Claire spotlights the style of model Bianca Jagger dating back to the 1970s. She is pictured in a heart-studded black ribbon collar. Current jewelry featured in the photo montage are a diamond collar from Messika, diamond drop earrings from de Grisogono, a diamond pavé ring from David Yurman, and a diamond snake bracelet from Djula. Also in the photo montage is a collar-style necklace with an ensemble from Balmain.
The March 2015 issue of Town & Country styles an entire fashion spread featuring actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw wearing various Fred Leighton brooches individually pinned to a velvet ribbon from Mokuba New York worn around her neck.
Also from the March 2015 issue of Town & Country is this dress, boots and choker worn on the neck, all from Givenchy, with Larkspur & Hawk rings.
The Givenchy collar necklace, more precisely identified as being from Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, is also modeled by actress Miranda Kerr in a fringed Proenza Schouler top and skirt in the February 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
In another shot from the February 2015 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, Miranda Kerr wears a puzzle choker necklace and hat from J.W. Anderson.
In the December 2014 issue of Elle, singer Rihanna wears a gold and diamond choker from Jennifer Fisher with a corset dress from Ulyana Sergeenko Couture.
- David Yurman: “Quatrefoil” Ring with pavé diamonds (3/15 Marie Claire), price upon request
- de Grisogono: diamond earrings from the “Gypsy” collection (3/15 Marie Claire), price upon request
- Djula: diamond snake bracelet (3/15 Marie Claire), price upon request
- Fred Leighton: brooches pinned to velvet ribbons (3/15 Town & Country), prices upon request
- Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci: choker (3/15 Town & Country and 2/15 Harper’s Bazaar), price upon request
- Jennifer Fisher: gold and diamond choker (12/14 Elle), price upon request
- J.W. Anderson: “Puzzle Gold Choker” of gold-plated brass (2/15 Harper’s Bazaar), $760
- Messika: necklace of diamonds in 18kt white gold (3/15 Marie Claire), price upon request
- Mokuba New York: velvet ribbon (3/15 Town & Country), price upon request